About Forester Park (Sanilac County Park).
This 68-acre park, located 6 miles north of Port Sanilac on M-25 along the beautiful Lake Huron shoreline, has 190 camping sites, wheelchair accessible showers, a park store, picnic shelters, a swimming beach, nature pathways, playground equipment, and a basketball court. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, there are weekend hymn sings.
|Name||Forester County Park|
|Speciality||Nature trails, Campground, pavilions, horseshoes, volleyball|
|Location||2820 N Lakeshore Rd Carsonville, MI|
|Temperature Average||(March) 24 F° → 40 F|
|Camping||Tent Camping Allowed|
|Pet||Pets are Welcome|
|Internet||WiFi at Park/WiFi at Overnite Sites|
|Amenities & Services||Restroom and Showers|
|Phone Number||(810) 622-8715|
|Forester Park Website||http://www.sanilaccountyparks.com/forester-park/|
Forester Park has a lot to offer.
• WiFi is only available throughout the day.
• GS Sewer Sites are now open.
• There are 190 grass and shaded sites available.
• Renting Rustic Cabins
• Power supply of 30 amps.
• The Park Store
• Day Use & Pavilions
• Swimming in a lake, a stream, or in a pool.
• Field for recreation.
• Hiking and biking trails.
• Winter Storage is an option.
Accessible to the handicapped:
• Showers and restrooms
Recreation Activities close by.
Rates at Forester Park (Sanilac County Park Rates)
|TYPE OF SITE||THROUGH THE NIGHT||WEEKLY RATES||MONTHLY RATES||SEASONAL RATES|
|Rustic (No Utilities)||25||150||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|• Water |
|30||180||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|• Water |
|• Water |
|• Water |
|Rustic Cabins |
w/Electric & A/C
|75||450||Cabin Deposit: $50.00||• Cabin Deposit: $50.00 |
• Refundable upon inspection by Park Staff. The cabin must be clean and have no damage.
• Storage for the Winter, November – April: $200.00 to be paid in full before storage.
• Pay for six nights and receive the seventh night free when you hire a campground for a week.
|[Octagon] Pavilion||$150.00 / Day|
|[Open] Pavilion||• $15.00 /Row|
• $160.00 / Day
|Inside Room [Small]||$50.00 / Day|
(Please note that rates are subject to change at any time.)
Forester Park campground map
Forester Park Timing and Hours
- 1 p.m. is the check-in/check-out time.
- AT THE TIME OF THE RESERVATION, ALL FEES MUST BE PAID IN FULL.
- Seasonal sites require a $500.00 deposit by January 15th, with the balance due by May 1st.
The following conditions apply to reservations:
• There is no way to guarantee a certain location.
• Cancellations must be made two weeks in advance to obtain a refund.
• There are no refunds on weekends during holidays or special events.
|Scientific Name||Common Name|
|Species of Fish|
|Salmo salar||Atlantic salmon|
|Salvelinus fontinalis||Brook trout|
|Salmo trutta||Brown trout|
|Ictalurus punctatus||Channel catfish|
|Oncorhynchus tshawytscha||Chinook salmon|
|Oncorhynchus kisutch||Coho salmon|
|Pomoxis annularis / nigromaculatus||Crappie|
|Salvelinus namaycush||Lake trout|
|Micropterus salmoides||Largemouth bass|
|Esox lucius||Northern pike|
|Oncorhynchus mykiss||Rainbow trout|
|Lepomis microlophus||Redear sunfish|
|Ambloplites rupestris||Rock bass|
|Micropterus dolomieu||Smallmouth bass|
|Salvelinus namaycush X Salvelinus fontinalis||Splake|
|Perca flavescens||Yellow Perch|
|Dendroica cerulea||Cerulean Warbler|
|Species of Butterflies, Moths|
|Lycaeides melissa samuelis||Karner blue butterfly|
|Species of Plants|
|Mimulus michiganensis||Michigan Monkey-flower|
NOTE: There is no longer an arcade or fishing available.
Forester Park (Sanilac County Park) Address
Is located at:
2820 N Lakeshore Rd.
Carsonville, MI 48419
Forester Park (Sanilac County Park) Location Map
Forester Park (Sanilac County Park) Photo Gallery
Forester Park’s Regulations
1. Park Speed Limit is 5 MPH, effective immediately.
2. The park is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. By 10:00 p.m., all park visitors must have left.
3. Dogs are not permitted on the beaches, either in the water or on the sand. All animals must be restrained by a leash that is no more than 6 feet long.
4. Drunkenness, swearing, violence, indecent exposure of a person, or any other disorderly behavior are forbidden, and violators will be ejected from the park without a refund.
5. After 10:00 p.m., all children aged 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
6. Motorcycles, ATVs, and other vehicles are permitted to enter the park, but must be parked once within.
7. No glass containers are permitted on the beach or in the swimming area.
8. Any violation of a legally enacted park regulation may result in immediate expulsion from the park with no reimbursement.
9. Except under separate lease agreements, it is illegal to construct permanent buildings of any sort on campgrounds, including porches, patios, pathways, or storage sheds. Portable decks must be no more than 4’x8′ in size.
10. All camping units sold in a County park must be removed from the park, and the new owner must register their camping unit before entering the park. NONE OF THE SITES ARE TRANSFERABLE. Camping sites, permits, and equipment may not be rented or transferred.
11. If the Sanilac County Park Board and/or the Park Manager believe that a camping unit would be damaging to the general look of the Park, they have the power to reject registration of such camping unit, and the owner must remove it from the Park.
Forester Park Campground.
Camping at Forester Park is governed by a set of rules.
1. The park manager is in charge of assigning campsites.
2. Tents must be set up in a specific location and limited to one family per tent throughout the day.
3. Each site has a maximum of four (4) individuals and one camping item. A family with two adults and children is an exception.
4. Quiet time is necessary. To avoid disturbing other campers, noise levels must be kept to a minimum at all times.
Reservation Policy for Forester Park.
To hold a reservation, a deposit is necessary.
Sanilac County Parks Commission developed all reservation policies, which are available at the park office. The reservation cost may change at any time without notice.
Reservations for a site or sites can be made over the phone, in person, or online (click on the “Book Now Button” at the top of the page). All reservations must be paid in full at the time of making the reservation.
POLICY FOR CANCELLATION AT FORESTER PARK:
A two-week cancellation notice is required for a complete refund. If you cancel after the two-week period, your refund will be reduced by the number of days you booked. Unless specific arrangements for late arrival are made, the site will be kept until 6:00pm.
Seasonal reservations open at 8 a.m. on the first working day after New Year’s Day.
It is REQUIRED that you register at the office when you arrive.
The check-in and check-out times are both at 1 p.m.
The content on this website is meant only for general information purpose and does not and shall not be construed as any solicitation, procurement, display, aggregation, marketing or advertisement of any products. Neither we claim to be the owner of the content; Score-michigan.com is not a government intermediary and hence does not endorse or solicit any such information/products. The information on this website is derived from publicly available sources and Score-michigan.com cannot verify or confirm the genuineness, truth, veracity or authenticity of this information.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply Score-michigan.com’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.